Download the results of the contest - the applicants that proceed to the pre-incubation phase of the project.
For more details you can contact Project's local coordinators:
- Cyprus: Dimitris Tsaltas
The AGROINNOECO Transnational Contest
The partners of the AGROINNOECO project call new entrepreneurs or existing entrepreneurs with up to 5 years of existence to take part in the AGROINNOECO project pre-incubation activities.
The AGROINNOECO transnational contest of innovative ideas in the Agri-food sector applies simultaneously to the four participating countries, namely Albania, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece (Western Greece Region).
The interested parties are kindly requested to submit their proposals with all the necessary supporting documents electronically in the special form on the website till 23/12/2018, 23:59 EET.
The submission should include the following:
- the application form along with the questionnaire form,
- the applicants’ CVs.
In addition, anything accompanying documents can be added.
The criteria for inclusion to the incubation program are the following:
- The applicability of the idea in the reference region
- Level of incorporation in the Agri-Food Economy
- Team (crew) competence
- Level of innovation
- “Problem and Solution” validation (level of feasibility and sustainability of the idea in general)
Each criteria is rated from 1 to 5 according to the level of fulfillment (e.g. 1 not fulfilled, 5 completely fulfilled).
Terms of participation
- Entry to the Entrepreneurship Competition implies the unconditional acceptance of all the terms and procedures included in the tender notice without exception.
- Participation in the competition is made by submitting a proposal in the special form on the website of the competition.
- Submission of proposals and accompanying texts can be in English or in local language, nevertheless the training material and international events will be provided in English.
- Each participant declares his responsibility and guarantees that the proposals he has submitted to the competition are legally and in accordance with the terms of the competition and are original and innovative.
- Each participant bears sole and full responsibility towards the organizer of the contest and any third party for the proposal he / she submits and for the accuracy of the information he / she declares.
- Each participant declares responsible and guarantees that the proposal submitted by them has been produced by them, belongs solely to them, and maintains their right of use, disposal and exploitation. Each participant also warrants that the proposal does not violate any intellectual or industrial property rights or other rights of any natural or legal person, otherwise it is a right holder and / or has legally acquired all rights, such as, but not limited to, or industrial property of third parties, and all legitimate licenses associated with or used to produce the proposal submitted in the Contest.
- Each participant assumes all responsibility for any claim against the organization organizing the competition and relieves the organization, its employees and its representatives and the members of the committees of any liability for compensation, any costs and expenses or third party claims arising from breaches of the terms of the competition or third party rights, including, for example, intellectual or industrial property rights.
- The committee or the organizing parts of the competition may, at any stage of the competition, request the relevant documents for cross-checking or certifying the details of the participants in accordance with the terms of the competition notice. In the case of a false statement, the organizer bears no responsibility, while maintaining at any stage of the competition the right to cancel the participation of those who provided false information.
- Proposals containing illegal or immaterial material are excluded from the contest. Proposals not related to any of the themes are also excluded.
- The following individuals cannot take part in the competition: the employees of the organizations organizing the competition, the members of the competition committees, as well as the spouses and relatives up to the second degree of the aforementioned.
- The cost of preparing the proposals submitted to the competition (eg laboratory tests, etc.) lies exclusively with the participants.
- In the case of submitting proposals with the same title or the same content for a product or service description, the first submission submitted on the basis of the filing date of the electronic application will be included in the tender.
- Business ideas and plans submitted to the contest remain confidential, and copyrights and industrial property rights belong to the creators of each proposal. Participants grant the organizer, officers and representatives and the members of the jury the right to use the submitted data and information for the purposes of the competition and for reasonable disclosure, including the Internet.
- The organizers of the competition have the right, without prior notice, to modify the terms of the competition or to postpone the procedure at any stage or to cancel the contest by making postings on the website www.aroinnoeco.eu, and without liability to participants in the competition or any third party.
Evaluation and selection process
The selection of the proposals will be made after an assessment of the necessary, desirable and additional qualifications.
The evaluation committee will consist of 5 experts in Agri-food & Entrepreneurship from the following sectors in each country/region:
The results will be announced electronically in the official website of the project (www.agroinnoeco.eu) and also the winners will be reached by email.
The maximum number of proposals that will be ranked for the pre-incubation phase is 15 per country.
The offered services for the chosen proposals are the following:
- Educational Program, including visits in selected study cases
- Mentoring Program – elaboration of business plan
- Networking events
The whole pre-incubation process will be organized from January 2019 until March 2019. The main outcome of these services is that the chosen proposals have a sustainable and complete business plan. Moreover, they will be presented in B2B meetings in the 6thTechnology Transfer Exhibition - Patras Innovation Quest (Patras IQ 2019).
Additional prizes may apply upon partners or third parties offers.